Podcasts for Harvest Time!
In the middle of harvest? Long drives for holidays ahead? Are you a podcast convert yet?! If not, we highly recommend getting stuck into them. We’ve rounded up our favourite agricultural and farming podcasts for you to keep your ears and mind buzzing!
Farming and Agriculture Specific Podcasts
We love listening to the following podcasts to get some great industry and production insights:
- Beef + Lamb New Zealand Podcast: This podcast out of New Zealand focuses on specific topics and feature farmers and their learnt experiences. Topics include “Hogget lambing – unlocking the potential”, “Better Beef Genetics and the Dairy Industry”, “The Lamb Weaning Decision”, “Lucerne and other dryland legumes” and so much more!
- RaboResearch Food & Agribusiness Australia/New Zealand: Updated weekly, the Rabo podcast covers market movements and analysis over a range of commodities, export trends, supply chain insights and technology and innovation. Podcasts include “Are Australian lambs getting too big”, “Cotton’s rollercoaster”, “Crunch time for the Australian Dairy Industry” and “What’s Driving the Growth of the Global Oilseed Market”.
- Mastermind Interviews (KLR Marketing): The first episode in this podcast series introduces the three founders of KLR Marketing and the background to their business and school. Interviews to follow focus on some great Australian farming characters across our country, including talking Ruminant Nutrition with Terry McCosker, Farming Families with Pip Job, and Healthy Body – Healthy Business with Joy McClymont. Older episodes also give great and practical insights into improving livestock marketing and business planning and performance.
- Bushtech – Agtech So What?: Hosted by Sarah from AgThentic and @bushtechsimon, the podcast focuses on “Demystifying emerging technologies and their potential impact on agriculture”. Topics include blockchain, technology incubation, farm management software, robotics, venture capital, and a podcast with our very own founder, Airlie!
Podcasts to Inspire the Mind
Want to take a break from farming and find inspiration elsewhere? We love these podcasts:
- Ted Radio Hour: From NPR, Ted Radio Hour bases each episode around a theme and explores a number of TED talks that relate. Beautifully produced, it is insightful, thought-provoking and motivating.
- Conversations: a favourite across Australia, Richard Fidler brings amazing Australian stories to us every weekday.
- My Open Kitchen: hosted by Sophie Hanson and Skye Manson, My Open Kitchen all about storytelling, farming, food, community and connections. It is friendly, warm and informative.
- Beating around the Bush: Bought to you by Fleur and the team at Rural Business Network, hear from entrepreneurs, experts, business people and community leaders talk about topics relevant to their community and rural and regional Australia.
Great Podcast Listening (and some laughs!)
We also love becoming immersed in fictional and non-fictional podcast productions. These below are our favourite and makes the km’s and hours on the road or tractor fly by.
- Homecoming: Produced by Gimlet Media, Homecoming is captivating non-fiction that feels so real. It is bringing Hollywood-level acting to podcasts.
- Serial: the podcasts that started our podcast journey! Now, two seasons deep, Serial tells one story—a true story—over the course of a season.
- Criminal: can be a little hit and miss, but some super intriguing stories!
- My Dad Wrote a Porno: absolutely hilarious!
How to listen to a podcast?
Apple users: The easiest way is to head to your Podcast app icon (comes pre-installed) on your iPhone and search the above podcasts. If you click ‘Subscribe” you will be notified when new episodes are available.
Android users: If you’re on Android, the Google music streaming app supports podcasts, which comes preinstalled on your device.
You can also listen via heading to the respective website links. Just google search the name of the podcast.
This list is by no means exhaustive. Let us know your favourites!
More Blog Posts
What Does the Young Farmer Business Program Do?
Take a look at this short clip about what our program can do for you and your business in the...
Bank Ready Oberon
Bevs in hand as we talk banks in Oberon. Are you bank ready? Find out more about our Bank Ready...
Bank Ready Howlong
Here are the best bits from our trip to Howlong. This FREE event gives you the tools to be on top...