Walk into the bank with confidence
Getting finance to start or expand your farming or fishing business can feel complicated, stressful and intimidating. But it doesn’t have to.
This workshop is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to navigate the finance approval process. It will help you be better prepared when you approach a bank or finance partner.
You will learn
- Your different financing options, including buying, leasing and equipment loans, and what’s realistic for you
- What you need to access finance, from deposits to documents and evidence
- The key finance terms you need to know and look out for
- How to do it right the first time, for easier long term management
- How to get your bank to love you, and what you should expect in return!
Come along if
This free, entry-level workshop is part of our Getting Started series. It’s an introduction to working with banks as a farm business. You should attend if,
- You’re thinking about how you’ll get started with buying land or equipment
- You’re at a fork in the road of decision making – do you buy, lease, agist?
- You worry about how to access finance from a bank or other lender
- You want to learn about how rural finance works
- You one day want to buy a farm
- You might buy your family farm
- You have a farm and want to meet a local banker
We don't have any workshops planned right now. If you're interested in this topic, please request a workshop in your area.
What participants say
“I have now set goals. I am taking a new course at university; I'll only be at uni for three years. After that, I plan to be on a property up in NSW somewhere... I want to gain more experience in the corporate industry, so I know what I'm doing.”Young farmer
"After the Bank Ready workshop, I went to the bank and tried to get a loan. I was unsuccessful, but I kept trying. After the Business Ready workshop, I tried again and got a small loan. Now I've got a paddock, and I’ve got the cows. I got the GST, ABN, and BAS all set up - I've never had them before.”Young farmer
“Overall the program is fantastic... I can't emphasise enough how crucial it is for young people like me to get information about going into business like this. For someone that hasn't been in business before it is daunting to know where to start. Breaking it down into steps is really invaluable.”Young farmer