Start strong, without the stress
As an aspiring farmer or fisher, you’ve got a lot to think about in the paddock or on the water. And it’s stressful enough without adding the ‘office stuff’ to the mix.
Set yourself up for success from the very start. This workshop covers all the basics of setting up a new business. Learn what to do, when.
You will learn
- How to set goals for your business, and actually achieve them!
- All about ABNs – why and if you need one, and how to get one
- How to choose the right business structure for you (for example sole trader, partnership, trust, company)
- The ins and outs of GST and whether or not you need to collect GST
- How to decide if you need an accountant, and how to choose the right accountant for you
BONUS: We’ll bring along an accountant with experience in farm specific accounting. Bring along all of your money questions and get their answers.
Come along if
This free, entry-level workshop is part of our Getting Started series. It’s an introduction to all things business. It’s for you if,
- You are deciding whether you should start a new farm or fishing business
- You’re in the early stages of your farming or fishing business journey
- You’ve got the farming and fishing sorted, but need a little more confidence when it comes to the office work